How to Create Custom Carts
Carts is a method for you to create a pre-transaction or Bread Pay™ transactions that occur outside of the standard e-commerce flow (ie. phone sales). You have the ability to create a Cart through the Bread Pay Merchant Portal or directly through the Carts Service.
Important to Know
- In order to create a cart, you MUST be enrolled in an e-commerce program or else the Cart will not save.
- Healthcare merchants will only be able to create a cart with a Cart Total. You will not be able to add
- Any phone numbers entered into the Carts form must be a valid phone number.
- Carts email checkout links will expire in 7 days after the Cart is created.
How To Create a Cart in the Merchant Portal
- Log into Merchant Portal and navigate to 'Carts' in the left navigation bar.
- In the Carts list view, select 'Create New Cart'.
The Carts list view will display all ACTIVE carts. Expired Carts will not be displayed.
- Fill out the Create Cart form with:
- Items to be purchased by the buyer
- Price adjustments that apply to the entire cart
- Buyer's residential/billing information -- please note that the phone number must be a valid phone number.
- Buyer's shipping information
- [Optional] Merchant-defined URLs:
- Callback URL - URL where Carts service will POST the transaction ID and order reference ID following a successful checkout
- Checkout Success URL - URL where the buyer will be redirected following a successful checkout (ie. confirmation page)
- Checkout Error URL - URL where the buyer will be redirected following an unsuccessful checkout (ie. error or troubleshooting page
- Consent Agreement
- [Optional] Switch to the 'Enter Cart Total' Create Cart form. With this form, the Cart is created with a final order total instead of adding individual items.
- Enter Order Total replaces adding individual items.
- Price adjustments are also removed in place of a single Order Total
- The remaining Customer Details, URLs, and Agreement sections are the same.
- Note: Healthcare merchants will only have the option to create a cart with an Order Total
- Note: When switching between Cart forms, the items and enter order total will be reset. However any Customer Details, URLs, and Agreement populated will remain.
- Upon saving, the created Cart will display in the Carts list view and the Carts email will be sent to the inputted email address
- The buyer will receive the Carts email and select the 'Checkout Now' button
Email will only be valid for 7 days.
- The buyer will be directed to our Checkout Application to go through the usual checkout flow. The inputted information in the Create Cart form will be pre-filled for the buyer.
When the buyer completes the checkout, a transaction is created and will be displayed within the transaction list within Merchant Portal (along with all other transactions)
In the Carts list view, the you can (1) manually expire a Cart and (2) resend the Carts email.
Updated about 1 month ago