The Enhanced Digital Suite (EDS) facilitates a full-funnel pre-qualification and checkout flow merchants use to offer customers the ability to check out with Installments, Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL), or Card products. EDS seamlessly integrates throughout the customer’s shopping journey to enable higher purchasing power and drive conversions.
How it Works - Transaction of Data
The customer clicks a financing Placement to open the EDS modal and initiate the Installments, Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL), and Instant Credit flows.
INSTALLMENTS and BNPL Flow
- After a customer is pre-approved, the customer can complete the installments checkout flow by clicking the final “Accept & Check Out” button. This generates a pending transaction with ADS.
- The SDK emits an INSTALLMENT:APPLICATION_CHECKOUT event containing the applicationResult for the customer’s checkout. Merchants can listen to this event by configuring the on() method of the SDK. The applicationResult will include a transactionId which is used in the next step.
- The merchant will pass the transactionId contained in the applicationResult to their server through a callback function contained in the SDK’s on() method.
- From the merchant server, the customer’s order should be created in the order management system and validated through a series of requests to the Bread REST API.
- CARD Flow
- After the customer completes their CARD application, the SDK emits an CARD:RECEIVE_APPLICATION_RESULT event containing the callId for the customer’s application. Merchants can listen to this event by configuring the on() method of the SDK.
- The callId is passed back to the merchant’s server (or Token Provider) through an AJAX call in a callback function contained in the SDK’s on() method.
- From the merchants’ server (or Token Provider), the callId should be used in a request to the ADS REST API to retrieve account details.
- The REST API will return the account details, which include the account ID. The merchant will retain the credit information until the customer completes the checkout process in order to prefill the checkout detail.
Updated over 1 year ago